CAS Divesture officers, stationed at the front of the passenger checkpoints, will advise passengers on preparations to the screening process to make your trip as efficient and comfortable as possible. Please keep in mind the following:
- Remove keys, loose change, mobile phones, pagers, and personal data assistants from your pockets and place in your carry-on.
- Remove laptops from your bag or use a “checkpoint friendly” laptop bag. Information available at www.tsa.gov.
- Remove all coats and jackets for X-Ray inspection.
For more information on how to make your trip efficient and comfortable please visit www.tsa.gov
Many of the checkpoints at SFO utilize the advanced imaging technology or AIT. At SFO we utilize the millimeter wave technology, for information on this technology visit www.tsa.gov
. Please keep in mind the following at these checkpoint locations:
- Before you go through this technology, we strongly recommend removing ALL items from your pockets and certain accessories that you might be wearing, including your wallet, belt, bulky jewelry, money, keys, and cell phone.
- To avoid the chance of leaving any of your personal items behind, we recommend that you place them in your carry-on bag prior to entering the checkpoint.
- At SFO we utilize the new software that has eliminated passenger-specific images. Instead, the software on the machine automatically detects potential threat items and indicates their location on a generic outline of a figure that will appear on the monitor attached to the AIT unit.